We are Tasmania’s voice for epilepsy.
Around 20,000 Tasmanians have epilepsy and an additional 80,000 family members, carers, colleagues and friends are affected in some way. That’s one-fifth of Tasmania’s population!
More than 50 million people around the world are diagnosed with epilepsy and this can be frightening and leave you with many questions.
Epilepsy Tasmania can help:
- Answer your questions.
- Keep you up-to-date with the latest medical research.
- Help you identify seizure triggers.
- Help you write an epilepsy management plan and communicate your needs to family, friends, and employers.
- Recommend questions to ask your doctor.
- Accompany you to your first neurologist appointment.
- Educate your school through our free Smart Schools programme.
- Provide seizure first-aid training to your employer through our Epilepsy Friendly Workplace programme.
- Give you the confidence to get on with school, work or just living a normal life again.
If you have questions, please call our Registered Nurses or Educators during business hours on 1300 852 853.
And add your voice to ours by becoming a free Friend of Epilepsy Tasmania.