Epilepsy Tasmania has been improving the lives of Tasmanians affected by epilepsy since 1975.
We provide a broad range of services across our state:
- Epilepsy Friendly Workplace training.
- Epilepsy Connect telephone-based peer support service.
- Open Gardens for Epilepsy in partnership with Blooming Tasmania.
- Educate Me, Include Me Smart Schools resources and training.
- Know Me, Support Me disability resources and training.
- Understand Me, Support Me epilepsy in later years resources and training.
- Friends of Epilepsy Tasmania membership.
- Donate to the Lavender assurance that funds raised in Tasmania stay in Tasmania.
Our vision is:
All Tasmanians who have epilepsy will have the same opportunities as the broader community.
Our goals are to:
- Increase community awareness, understanding and acceptance of epilepsy.
- Build a service and support system that is able to respond to the needs of people with epilepsy, and those around them.
- Ensure epilepsy services and support are available throughout Tasmania.
- Continuously improve and deliver services and support that meet the needs of the epilepsy community.
- Be a proactive voice for epilepsy in Tasmania.
- Continuously improve the strength and financial security and sound governance of the organisation.
Our CEO is:
Ms Wendy Groot
Our Board of Governance is made up of the following people:
Ms Kathleen Brient – Chair
Dr Lila Landowski
Mr Terry Long
Mr John Frankcom
Ms Julie Martin
Mr Luke Ogden
Ms Katie Dineen