Epilepsy Tasmania has been improving the lives of Tasmanians affected by epilepsy since 1975.
We’ve been helping Tasmanians for over forty-five years, forming in 1975 as the Epilepsy Association of Tasmania to provide support to people living with epilepsy. We later widened our scope to include family, friends and carers affected by epilepsy, and supporting healthcare professionals to provide best practice epilepsy care.
An important role of Epilepsy Tasmania is advocacy, so we work hard to raise awareness and understanding of epilepsy in order to reduce the stigma and discrimination that people living with epilepsy often endure.
We provide a broad range of services across our state:
- Epilepsy Friendly Workplace training.
- Epilepsy Connect peer support service.
- Open Gardens for Epilepsy raising funds and awareness in relaxed, outdoor settings.
- Educate Me, Include Me Smart Schools resources and training.
- Know Me, Support Me disability resources and training.
- Understand Me, Support Me epilepsy in later years resources and training.
- Friends of Epilepsy Tasmania membership.
- Donate to the Lavender assurance that all funds raised in Tasmania stay in Tasmania.
- Individual support for people with epilepsy and their families, including first-aid training.
All Tasmanians with epilepsy have the same opportunities as the broader community.
- Increase community awareness, understanding and acceptance of epilepsy.
- Build a service and support system that is able to respond to the needs of people with epilepsy, and those around them.
- Ensure epilepsy services and support are available throughout Tasmania.
- Continuously improve and deliver services and support that meet the needs of the epilepsy community.
- Be a proactive voice for epilepsy in Tasmania.
- Continuously improve the strength and financial security and sound governance of the organisation.
Our Board of Governance
Chair - Ms Kathleen Brient
Treasurer - Mr Terry Long
Secretary - Mr John Frankcom
Director - Dr Lila Landowski
Director - Mrs Kathryn Randall
Director - Mr Luke Ogden
Ms Wendy Groot - CEO