You may need to make some adjustments to your lifestyle, depending on the type of epilepsy you have been diagnosed with and the frequency and predictability of your seizures. But with forward-planning, you can almost certainly continue doing the things you enjoy.
Be guided by your doctor and pharmacist on how to manage your condition by using our downloadable resource guides and:
- Take your medication as prescribed, and tell your pharmacist about other medicines you take.
- Learn what triggers your seizures so that you can minimise them.
- Keep a Seizure Diary.
- Maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- Create a personal Epilepsy Management Plan.
- Manage your consequences of having a seizure when driving, swimming, at height, near fire, etc.
- Plan to ensure you never run out of medication.
- Become a Friend of Epilepsy Tasmania to stay up-to-date with relevant epilepsy news.